By using our service, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Please review them carefully
- Technicians will have access to your computer during the active session when using this service. Technicians will never have access to your PC after the session is closed or terminated.
- Sessions are on a first come-first serve basis. Technicians will not reserve a time slot for you, not will they contact you or remind you to join a session. You, the client, must initiate the session from your PC.
- "On-Call" sessions will get priority seating with a technician. A technician on duty will contact you by email, or a phone message (if available) to notify you that a technician is available and awaiting you to initiate session. The technician will reserve up to a two hour time slot for your acceptance and session commencement. If you fail to initiate the session within the 2 hour window, the session will be ended and no refunds will be given. If a technician does not respond to a new "OnCall" request within 12 hours, a full refund will automatically be issued for the OnCall purchase price within 1 business day.
- Billed minutes begin being counted immediately once session is started on the End Users PC.
- All session are tracked according to our system clocks and reporting system.
Minutes are still counted during times of internet outages, network slowness, computer restarts, and downloads.
- End users must have administrate rights to the PC in order to use this service. If you do not have this, please contact your administrator to inform them of your needs.
- End users may be required to provide a computer password for rebooting the PC, please make sure you know the password for your PC
- Technicians can not resolve all issues. In such case, the technician will determine if another course of action is necessary, and if a refund is available.
- Technical support an assistance is for Windows based PC's with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2008, or Mac OS 10.2 or higher. All computers must have a Genuine Operating System License.
- Technicians may end a session if a response is needed from the end user and no response is given. In such case, billing will terminate when the technician ends the session.
- End user may terminate the session at anytime by clicking the END icon at anytime or by typing "End Session" in the chat box.
- If a weak or slow internet connection is present, the technician may terminate the session if the scope of the work is not able to be performed during that session. A new session will need to be initiated. Time spent on session still accrues.
- Phone time with technicians are not included with support packages, however, if phone assistance is required in addition to remote console assistance, the minutes are counted independently of one another. If you require remote assistance and phone assistance at the same time, each minute spent on the phone and session will be counted as two minutes. Phone calls are up to the discretion of the technician, we do not provide phone access to reach a technician.
- Technicians may terminate the session of any improper conduct, threatening, demanding, or abusive communications from the user. All chat transcripts are recorded for quality control. Termination of your account can be the result of documented abuse or harassment of a technician.
- Technicians will not be able to resolve issues regarding licensing issues for software or operating systems. Users must be in possession of the legitimate software license code for actions that require re-installation, transfer of software, or networking. Failure to provide such proof may result in termination of session.
- All minutes used during a session are accrued and counted regardless of the situation. The time spent with a technician is non-refundable under any circumstance unless the technician initiates the refund request. Unsolved issues are not the responsibility of the technician. You, the client, are purchasing time with a live person to help diagnose and determine a course of action. In the world of computers, and the numerous variables that surround computers, not all scenarios have a positive outcome. You, the client, have the right to and may terminate the session at any time to cease future billable minutes if you feel that your issue is not being resolved in a manner in which you expect. To end a session, you may do any of the following: click the "END SESSION" (or Red "X") button, or you may type in the chat box "End Session", so that the correct session termination time stamp will be noted for the session.
- Technicians will not assist you with any attempts to "hack" or "pirate" any software. Failure to prove ownership on softwares where required as part of normal routine will result in termination of session.
- If you do not agree with the technical advice you are receiving, please inform your technician so that they may take alternative actions.
- We do not allow for "post-session" billing on Pay-As-You Go sessions. If your session requires more time than purchased, your must purchase additional minutes before the technician can continue.
- Any invoices sent from OnlineTechDesk.net are have a 24 hour time frame to be paid. If your account is not paid within 24 hours, your account will be permanently suspended from using our system in the future. A $250 account reactivation fee can submitted. (In other words, make sure you are diligent in paying us for the time we spend with you)
- Direct Connect link from your PC will utilize a special access code. If installed on a new PC, without first uninstalling from the prior PC, any utilization of the older Direct Connect link will result in an immediate charge of $59 on your account and will require payment prior to session starting.
- We are here to help you, and we will do what we can to assist you technically!